"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day One- To a best friend

Dear Best Friend,

I think you are the first real true friend I had in high school. It’s easy to like people, but it’s harder to follow through on a daily basis, and I can’t believe that I’ve only known you for 3 years! It feels like we’ve known each other for ages. Thanks for putting up with CrazyLoveSickMegan and HyperCocaColaMegan and ANGRYMEGAN and InLoveMegan and finally, PregnantMegan (aka Godzilla). My best memory from high school is psychology class. Because nothing makes a horribly boring class fun like a can of coke, a purple notebook that we TOTALLY would have been expelled for if anyone could actually read what we wrote and pretzels. And hot cheetoes. You shared your love of huge colorful earrings with me and I shared my violent tendencies with you. You have helped me systematically eliminate the psycho exes that I seem to acquire with awkward regularity. We sat in chapel and laughed at the most inappropriate times and made awkward turtles and threatened each others boyfriends constantly. If I ever go bungee jumping (which will be never in a million fucking years), I want you holding my hand and screaming with me on the way down.

I have been proven right that COUNTRY MUSIC ROCKS. Ha. I went home the day I found out you listened to country music and screamed my brains out, I was so happy. You don’t judge me, even through you have every right to and I get angry for you when you can’t say how angry you really feel. I love how we can sit and rave in total agreement about everything. I love how we both have crazy families and how we always ALWAYS call our moms to tell them we are okay. You have no idea how much less lonely I feel, now that I know I’m not the only girl who does that. I love how every picture we take involves us either making model faces or our tongues out in some way. I can’t WAIT to turn 21 with you and celebrate like crazy. I know you will be the best godmother/aunt that my boys will ever have.

We are the perfect pair, and I consider you the sister I never had (which is probably best for both our mothers’ sanities). It PISSES ME OFF that you go to college so far away and that I don’t get to see you every day like I should, but I love you whether you are 9 hours away or right next to me. We’ve been through some insane stuff together and I feel so blessed that we took the time to get to know each other because I doubt I could’ve made it through all the craziness that is love and pain and high school without you. I love love love you and you are my bestest friend. I miss you like crazy already and I can’t wait for you to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment