"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Thursday, May 9, 2013

I don't know if You can hear me, or if You're even there

A few days ago
I read an article
about the Catholic church
and how people were refused entry
without washing their hands.
It was an exceptional article and protest
but it ripped some internal part of me open
and salted the wound.

In the article
the man who wrote
talked about feeling spiritually homeless
and it resonated painfully and profoundly
because I can pass
If I didn't speak the truth
no one would know
and that affords me privilege
that not everyone has

But beyond all that
there is pain
from a person who was raised
to believe that God loved me
as long as I followed the Bible
only to find out that
who I am
doesn't measure up.

And so that's something
that has been floating in my head
for a little while.
Now onward,
to better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment