"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Friday, July 5, 2013

Know You Better

"When you came in
the air went out...
I don't know who you think you are
but before the night is through
I want to do bad things with you."


When I think of you
I think of bubble tea
and roller coasters
and strawberry daiquiris in
the grass
the man who tells me I'm beautiful
whether it is a funeral
or I'm in the shower.

The Hurt by Johnny Cash fight
WHO ARE YOU WITHOUT A BEARD?
The way you make me laugh all the time
and how you let me steal all the covers.
The way you hug me when I cry over
anything from the real world to Sherlock
The way we do in depth analysis of everything
and how you get me to try everything
but never manage to get me sick.
how you know all my favorite things.
You are still my favorite Christmas present.

You don't really like Starbucks
but we ended up there anyway
and you love me even when
I'm the meanest of the mean.
We are still need to finish
Supernatural and Weeds and Dexter and Game of Thrones
and you introduced me to gaming
and desktops and ps3 and 3DS
and Mario.
You get all my quotes
and don't care about how pretentious I get
about literature and tumblr
and you can match my middle earth knowledge
almost.
You don't call me names
even when I call you names
and you rub my back
even when I complain incessantly about it.
You make me laugh until my stomach hurts


You could be the death of me
instead you are the life of me
and you tell me
You are worth all I have
and more
and hearing that
is worth all the poetry I could ever have.




No comments:

Post a Comment