"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Retrospective December Reverb

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.


I didn't regularly watch TV- follow shows or on DVDs until about 3 years ago. I didn't care about it and I'm fairly confident I could eliminate 90% of all TV from my life and feel no regret.

I don't like holidays. .

Fighting with my person breaks my heart every. Single. Time. Which sucks, so I put up an angry poofed out kitten front.

Oh, and you don't have to be my person, soulmate, love of my life etc., to break my heart. A lot of people can and do. A lot of people fix it too.

For my confirmation saint, I chose St. Adria. She was a martyr in Rome around 387 AD and her name means darkness. And that's about all you will ever find out about her.

I forgive quickly, but I remember and remember. So be careful.

The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King is my FAVORITE BOOK. EVER.

Since having children regular sleep has become my best friend and my biggest dream. Mostly unfulfilled. I have this funny feeling that when I do get married, my honeymoon will consist of sex, food and sleep. Only that. Who needs exotic locations when you can SLEEP!

My best girlfriends really showed me what having real friends are like. They pick you up when you fall down, they laugh about making bad choices without pressuring you to make them, they stare at David Bowie's crotch in Labrynth with you and they help you facebook stalk. We obsess over cute pictures of kittens with captions and we lend each other books and get all wacky over cute boys.

I hate clowns. They terrify the living shit out of me.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, my favorite movie/book combination is The Crow. It's beautiful and morbid and and sad. Brandon Lee died in the making of this movie. It's just one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. It's, in a word, haunting.

What I do that lights people up?

I care. I love the unloveable. I make time for others, even when I don't have any. I love learning new thing from people.

No comments:

Post a Comment