"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Standard Dreaming

I
think of the
nameless ones often
because in their nonexistence
and nonexistent comfort, I imagine
them to be standing in front of me
with their backs to me.
All I can think of to do is to rest my head
on their back or shoulders.
This is a rarity, because even in my fears
and anxieties, and in my dreams
I am afraid to hurt or overextend someone else's good will
simply by touching them.

In my most comforting of dreams
though
they let me rest my head on them
for a little while
and they take my hand
and they let me feel my pain
and maybe listen a little bit
but mostly just are present with me
they are able to know the ugly me
and process it
and touch me regardless
and then just to be
with me.

Comforting me involves
drinks, preferably warm drinks like tea
and maybe tissues
and the ability to sit with me
until I can tell the truth of the matter
without disguising it with all my
jokes.


No comments:

Post a Comment