"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mad Men

Dear Mad Men,

I'm only a little while in to the second season and I'm ashamed to admit that I'm hooked. As a part-time feminist, I'm incredibly ashamed to say that you are so damn PRETTY that I almost find myself overlooking the misogynistic bullshit that pervades most of you. Also, Don Draper and Joan (Christina Hedricks), as well as Betty (January Jones) are just such eye candy that I can't look away. Damn it.

I think Don is an asshole, but at the same time he plays it perfectly so you feel horribly for him at the same time. How is it possible to like a character that drinks, smokes and sleeps with TONS of women constantly? While married? What the eff?

Now Peggy....hmm. I like her best, I think. She represents the ideal, kind of. She messes up, messes around, a little, but she's sassy and doesn't apologize when she doesn't really care. She's a lapsed catholic and she smart and funny. But mostly smart. I think she's pretty. She doesn't give a shit what most girls think about her but she manages to truly care for Don Draper without getting sexual.



Joan is a hellcat. Her attitude is what I aspired to have during high school and I'm ashamed to admit it still pops out every once in a while when I'm angry or tired or talking to my fiance. She's gorgeous and extremely snarky and yummy.

Anyway, please keep this show going because I've developed crushes on most of the characters. And the clothes. OH GAWD, THE CLOTHES. And the shoes. And the undies. :)

Love,
Megan

ps. Grey's Anatomy came on this thursday and blew. my. mind.

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with this show! Just read today that it'll be back but not until 2010 because of scheduling conflicts & conflicts with contracts. I dont care what they have to do, they need to get filming asap!

    ReplyDelete