"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Saturday, March 20, 2010

100 Things About Me (Part one)

1. I love to read. Anything and everything. Recommendations are always welcomed, followed and enthused about.

2. Joss Whedon is a badass. I know that makes me a nerd, but I love his shows so much, I really don't give a crap. Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse made high school so much easier. Also, he's apparently working on Glee, which explains why the dialogue suddenly got better in the middle of the season.

3. I hate reality TV. If I'm watching TV, it's not to see reality. I promise. My first (and last) foray into the swirling hellhole known as reality TV was the last season of the Bachelor and it made me want to grab a shotgun and go hunting for Jake. Preferably to mount his sorry head on my wall. After that, I decided I was going to stick to Vampires, space cowboys and Scrubs.

4. I love Stephen King. My blog is named after a quote from my favorite book from him, The Dark Tower. I could go on and on and on and on about how AMAZING this series is, but I'll try not to. That is a rant that shouldn't be started unless the listener has had multiple shots and several nights to listen.

5. I don't have all that much patience with anyone, with the minor exception of dogs, cats and kids. And sometimes Grandparents. Everyone else will be bitchslapped. A lot. Priests are another exception to this rule. Most days.

6. My kitten keeps me sane these days. While I realize relying on a cat for the state of my mental health isn't the smartest thing in the world to do, I can't help it. He's like a dog. With softer fur and a purr that is the sweetest thing in the world.

7. While I love my cat, I am waiting for the day I fall asleep with a large dog in my bed. Ah, those childhood dreams die hard.

8. I have a dirty mind. I'm not proud, but there it is.

9. I am a practicing Roman Catholic with a side of curanderismo. You don't know what it is, look it up.

10. I didn't watch TV growing up, so no, I don't know the words to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire. Please go die.

11. I love country music. No, that's not all I listen to and enjoy, but it's what I grew up on and honestly, where else are there lyrics like this: "Sing a song about the heartland, the only place I feel at home, sing about the way a good man works until the daylight's gone. Sing the rain on the roof on a summer night, where they still know wrong from right. Sing a song about the heartland. Sing a song about my life."

12. I have a destructive edge. It's not something I'm particularly proud of, but it's there.

13. I love to work. I love jobs. I really REALLY wanna be a bartender at some point, but right now, that doesn't seem to be a good idea.

14. I love all things Irish and Celtic.

15. And in case that last one didn't clarify, I love the sound of bagpipes. They make me remember the good parts of high school.

16. Rennaissance Festival blows my mind every time I go.

17. I simply must have a Caesar salad. It's an addiction. Not a good one. But a relatively cheap one, most days. *Thanks the salad gods for Wendy's.*

18. If I have to make a tough choice or am going through a rough time, I tend to shut everyone out. I'm not happy about this, but it's become a habit. One that everyone is welcome to help break me of.

19. I have a high pain tolerance, and I can handle the sight of blood, but about 12 hours later, it comes back and causes me to pass out.

20. I suck at most sports. That said, I can run at least half assedly. And I can skate.

21. I love the X-Men stuff. I'd love to be Wolverine. I have the temper to go with it.

22. I like Twilight and tortillas. And tortillas are pretty much the extent of my liking of mexican food. With the exception of steak fajitas.

23. I'm terribly afraid of the next few years and how the hell I'm gonna get through them.

24. People that try to intimidate me piss me off. I will poof up like a kitten who sees a big dag and my claws come out and I start hissing. Really.

25. I was known as the Vampire in high school. Pale face and long dark hair. And then Twilight came out. Didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment