"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Monday, April 22, 2013

Sitting in solidarity

There is
no way to see
the internal workings of my mind
these infernal devices
they scream and chidder
and shout
and laugh
loudly
so loudly
sometimes
that I worry
that the people
around me may
hear what
I'm listening to
the earbuds
in my ears
are not to
keep you out
my friends
but to keep
the noises
in


Even on the days
where there are
a million voices
and the nights
where I can't sleep
and the meds take
forever to kick in
there are people
in my world
real live people
that when I'm feeling
lost and alone
I can ask them
to step outside with me
or can I go to their apartment
or can we go for a drive
and I'm talking to someone
who sees my face
or most of my true face
and loves me because of
and in spite of
and with
all
or most
because who sees
all the face
these days.

But the existence of
such people
fortifies my belief
in good things
and good people.


No comments:

Post a Comment