"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Monday, April 29, 2013

Dot dot dot

Sometimes
very occasionally
or more often
then sometimes
because I apparently have no
boundaries
I listen to people talk
and I just want to
cover
my eyes and ears
and writhe with anger and irritation.

why
Why
WHY

are you inflicting
your opinions on me
unasked for
unwanted
if I wanted to know
what you think
about these subjects
I'd ask
but I do know what you think
and you think like a person
who just has no reasonable
logic
question the shots
question the things that can prevent diseases
but don't question the hormones that you are
ingesting to lose weight?
don't question that you are starving yourself to
lose weight
stop sending me emails by the following
anything catholic
dave ramsey
abortions
pictures of weeping eagles
things  you haven't looked up
on goddamn snopes
Don't tell me that because
none of your friends have been assaulted
and you haven't been assaulted
that the statistics are wrong
and that you shouldn't protect yourself
if you can
that one day I'll have more worldviews
and better worldviews and
why would  your friends tell you
if you wouldn't believe them anyway?
Why would I tell you if I was the one in three
or one in six that you know
because you might not believe me anyway
what if I tell you that of my friends
there's more than one in three
or more than one in six
what is wrong with you?

stop stop stop

Sometime I worry that
you'll see the real me
she'll get out
somehow
not even all of her
just a bit or a piece
that isn't bright and shiny
or isn't broken in the right way
and you'll see that the world
is so much bigger than you want me
to see
and I am brighter
and shine more
than you could ever imagine
and
and
and

and maybe,
just maybe
then
I'll stop rolling
my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment