"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sea Food

A weird thing about myself
I love seafood
I love fish
tuna
catfish
eel
redfish
mahi mahi
shrimp
I love crustaceans
crab
crawfish
lobster
I love mollusks
Clam
octopus
squid
mussels
I have an odd obsession with it
and if I can have it
I will,
beyond almost anything else
seafood and pasta are my favorite
with seafood and salad
and seafood soup
especially gumbo and clam chowder
and sushi is food for the gods
and I haven't been able to eat it
for the last 8 months
because the medication I've been on has
been making my body intolerant to seafood
which was horribly frustrating
for someone like me
for whom sushi is a treat
and chowder is comfort food
but the comfort food started turning
my tummy into the room of pain.
But the medication wore off this month
and I tried sushi
and for once I didn't spend the next few hours
feeling like I was dying.
and since that was about a week ago
I haven't had much sushi
or anything else that I love
oh cajun food, you are calling me
but I cannot have you for a while
because I am trying to slow down
and also I have no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment