"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Today feels much brighter.
Not perfect, not awesome, or
fantastic, but brighter. The sky feels
a little more tolerable to the part of my
head that aches when I open my eyes. I
can cope, I can deal, I can persevere, I can
thrive despite all the crap that is being tossed in my
general direction.

So, today made me think about the Dark Tower
series by Stephen King. I've been obsessed with these
books since I was fifteen. That is six years of muttering incessantly to
myself about these books. On a technical note, there are seven, but most books
of sai-King relate in some way or another to the mythos. Except maybe the earliest
ones, however, they are there too. They too, follow the Path of the Beam.


In any case, I have grown up hearing my Dad talk about the Tower since I was
a little girl. I want to say for my sixteenth Christmas, though, he lent me his copies
of the series. Needless to say, I was incredibly excited! New books to read and new
worlds to conquer!

It left me devastated, in a good way. Just utterly different. The world is different, the
previous books by King you've read are different. I am still pretty stuck on them
six years later.

As kind of decent as this day has been
it has not been conducive to writing.
Here's hoping that shifts, a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment