"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Monday, March 25, 2013

Ugh.

"'Cause just like him
You always leave me cryin
Dandelion."
~ Dandelion by Kacey Musgraves

I am trapped
in a cage of my own making
because even if I don't want to be
here, I spin in all the circles and build up
the razor wire around my cage and then I try
to reach out of the cage and I cut myself and then
I wonder why I'm bleeding.

"I spent my wishes on a weed
thinking it could change the world,
Dandelion, a million little wishes
blow across the sky
but it's a waste of breath
and it's a waste of time
I know."

I have to remember
remind myself
to tell myself
that I cannot fix any one
I can only play my own game
but I cannot change anyone else
and I must work on myself first

"Fallen stars
and lucky pennies
have let me down so many times
before
and you are just one more."


No comments:

Post a Comment