"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Aunt Claire

I found out that on my husbands side
his great aunt had died. I found this out tonight, while I was
taking off my new witch outfit, and my husband had gone
downstairs to see how his parents were
because I had noticed that people were looking different.
So he went downstairs and stayed for a little while and came
back upstairs with a sad look on his face.
And he sat down and said
"Aunt Claire is dead."
And I said "No, no way, she can't be."
and then I felt like I was going to cry.

Because she was the nicest to me
always said the kindest things
and no double meanings
and I don't know when the the funeral is
and my chest has felt tight since I heard the news
and it is painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment