"You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Maiden, Mother, Crone

As I drove home tonight
the thought sprang into
my head
I played the crone
tonight.

And it was a true thought
a real one
and even though it came
while listening to country music
that was telling me that
the South is the best
and to praise the Lord
it was my first thought
that the God
who might be a Goddess
to me
might have let me play another aspect
Hecate, maybe
or Diana
and instead of the
Father, son and holy ghost
there is the maiden, mother
and crone

I am a maiden
playing mother
who was the crone tonight
I listened
and gave advice
paid for the meal
and just let things be

and next time I spend time
with that particular friend
I will be maiden
while we dance

but tonight I was
the crone
and I was satisfied
and perhaps I shall be
maiden tonight
for the moon is out
but for certain
I will be mother tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment